Unit 3 Documents

Unit 3 Collective Agreement 2014-17
The Unit 3 Collective Agreement, which governs the terms and conditions of your work as as Sessional Instructor, Writing Instructor, Music Professional or Sessional Instructional Assistant (SIA) at UofT.  SLs, please note that the job security commitment for SLIIIs, which used to be Article 31, is now covered in Article 14.18.
Membership application form
Complete this form if you are interested in attending and participating in union meetings, accessing union funds or serving as an elected representative.
Welcome to Unit 3!!
A letter from CUPE 3902 that highlights your rights, benefits, and how the union operates.  A version of this should accompany your letter of offer; it is possible you are receiving an outdated later, however (as a result of an unresolved dispute between the Union and the Employer) so please do open this one!
Guide to Advancement
A guide to provide a summary of everything you should know about Advancement… and shouldn’t be afraid to ask…
Benefits, Funds, and Working Condition (CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED)
A guide to benefits, funds and leaves for Sessional Lecturers, Writing Instructors, Sessional Instructional Assistants and Music Professionals at the University of Toronto.
Standard Life – New Investment Options (2013)
A brochure explaining investment options for the Unit 3 group RRSP
Guide to Grievances 2015
A pamphlet demystifying the grievance process for Teaching Assistants and Sessional Lecturers at UofT. If you have a work-related problem please read the pamphlet and contact us.
Employment Insurance Guide 2015-16
A pamphlet to provide information on Employment Insurance (eligibility, how it works, etc.)
Education Workers Guide to Dealing Harassment Guide (2015)
A pamphlet for CUPE 3902 members about harassment at UofT and what the Union can do to help.
Music advancement agreement 2010
New pilot project to expand access to advancement for studio music instructors.
HCSA Enrollment Form
Once you have completed this form, please submit it to the UofT Benefits Office at 215 Huron St, 8th floor, Toronto, M5S 1A2.
HCSA Claim Form
The form you need to submit claims for healthcare expenses.
GRRSP Enrollment Form
See http://www.standardlife.ca/utoronto/ for more details. Once you have completed this form, please submit it to the UofT Benefits Office at 215 Huron St, 8th floor, Toronto, M5S 1A2.
SSHRC for Sessional Lecturers
In November 2006, the right of sessionals to apply for SSHRC research grants was reaffirmed by the UofT.
Job Application Form
Application form to apply for Unit 3 positions.